- Thursday, 21 December 2023
Parent/ guardian frequently asked questions:
- What steps are required to register for the 2024 season ?
- Registration link for the 2024 season is now open – click this link https://dandenongcitysc.majestri.com.au/2024-season (payment is required for this registration)
- If you are a new player - you will need a Football Victoria Player Number – click this link to fill out the form - https://registration.playfootball.com.au/common/pages/reg/WelcomeRegPlus.aspx?entityid=7783&save=0 (There is no payment required for this registration)
- Where do you train for pre-season and throughout the season? And what time will training be?
Training is likely to be Tuesdays and Thursdays (TBC) with games held on Sundays.
(Please note that these arrangements are subject to change due to ground availability, allocation and council requirements)
St Johns Regional College – Dandenong – likely to be our pre-season (January to April) training venue.
Tatterson Park - Keysborough – likely to be our season (April to September) training venue.
Carwatha College – Noble Park
Dandenong City SC – Endeavour Hills (working closely with council)
Training times: (likely to be but again subject to change due to ground availability and allocation)
Miniroo Girls aged 6 to 12 – 5:45 to 7pm
Junior Girls aged 13 and above & Seniors – 7:15 to 8:30pm
- How many weeks is there of training in total?
Training is held twice per week – likely afternoons will be Tuesdays and Thursdays.
We are aiming to start Pre-Season on Tuesday January 30, 2024 and the season will generally finish mid-September. Estimated to be 32 weeks in total.
- Does your program cater for off-season training?
Our football philosophy is to play as much football throughout the year as possible. The Club offers off-season programs (at additional costs) for players to opt-in and continue training and play futsal after the season has ended. The games are held at Springers in Keysborough and are either on Friday nights or Sunday mornings. This is not compulsory but offers a different element/environment/aspect to their football development and also enjoyment. Older age groups will be able to choose between Futsal or the Youth Super Cup. The approximate cost of the off season program is around $250 Per player.
- Do you offer strength and conditioning training?
Yes, Strength and Conditioning classes run in partnership with The Sports Clinic of Football, lead by Tim Schleiger. The program runs per term, and it works out to be $25 per session. 10 players maximum per session, location is at St Johns Regional College. Please click on the link to register https://the-sports-clinic-of-football.accounts.ud.io/timetable/?facility=527130
- Does your program offer Goalkeeper Training?
Yes, we offer specific goalkeeping training sessions throughout the season for all ages and abilities run by our dedicated and highly experienced coaches.
- What does the Registration fee include?
The program runs for an estimated 32 weeks – the $500 registration fee works out to be $15.65 (rounded up) per week.
Other inclusions are, but not limited to:
- Football Victoria Player Registration Fee
- Playing top, shorts and socks
- Training top, shorts and socks
- Full Tracksuit (jacket and pants)
- Sports backpack
- Tournaments included
- Dandy Cup (hosted by Dandenong City SC)
- Casey Cup OR Western United Cup
- I&D Cup
- Junior Cro Cup
** Costs for additional tournaments will be opt-in and split evenly with team members.
- Training and match day equipment, supplies and maintenance, etc.
- Facility maintenance, etc
- Other various expenses towards the running of the club.
8. Is there an option for my daughter to play with the boys?
We have had many girls train and play with our miniroo boys teams. The Club will need to assess this on a case-by-case basis to further discuss the option of playing with the miniroo boys. Please register your interest in the girls program to begin with and in the notes of the EOI please mention that you would like to be assessed for this option